Hectic lifestyle leading people to stress and hypertension. It’s common knowledge that the modern man leads a hectic and unhealthy lifestyle. which can lead to a number of problems including but not limited to, stress and hypertension. How we can deal with stress ? So, here i (PALAK BHALLA ) will talk about Yoga pose for stress free life and Role of yoga in stress management.
These two words – Stress and Hypertension sound insignificant but these are conditions that can be extremely harmful if allowed to take root. No one fights with this problem more than the modern working youth and therefore this is a problem that directly affects the workforce of this country.
Why ? yoga pose for stress free life :-
Current lifestyle in young generation is an omen for these issues. Stress and hypertension are the major complaints of society today. This is abruptly increasing in today’s youth. Yoga has long been know for it’s Relaxing and Anti-stress properties. So, I would like to urge you to give it a go for practise this yogasana to deal with stress and anxiety.
How yoga can helps to deal with stress ?
So, to control this situation we have some Yoga pose or Yoga postures to deal with stress. which can really help one to relax the mind. Yoga is really Best antidote for stress, depression and anxiety. It’s really helpful to overcome stress. When it comes to stress yoga can really be magical, so just give it a try.
Breathing exercise to relieve Stress or Anxiety :-
As a quick body hack for stress. whenever you are in need of some immediate fix. Try breathing deeply while focusing your mind on the air entering and exiting your lungs.
Yogic breathing exercises helps to reduce stress from your Neck, Back and Shoulders. And can also be used as a quick relief from mental stress. This is, however, a temporary solution to relieve stress quickly. Now we will be moving on to some exercises for a more sustained effect.
Effective yoga pose or asanas for stress
Now we will move forward towards the physical exercises to reduce stress which will help to overcome come from stress and hypertension. You can get back normal through these yoga practices for stress.
So let’s start with the easy yoga poses to reduce stress or anxiety which have a super awesome ability to help us let go of hyper-tension and stress.
1. CHILD POSE (balasana)
- Steps how to do balasana :-
- Kneel on your mat or floor. Join your toes and spread your knees as wide as your hips.
- Exhale and stretch your hands toward the ceiling then lay your torso between thighs and put your head on the floor and hands-on floor alongside your torso.
- Lengthen your tailbone and try to stretch your body as much as possible.
- This is one of the resting poses so you can stay anywhere from 30 secs. to a few minutes.
- To come up stretch your torso with an inhalation lift your body from the tailbone and you’ll come to vajrasana.
Stress buster tip :- Focus in between your eyebrows. Feel as if that something is flowing in and out with each every breath, soothing and calming your mind more each time.
Contraindications and precautions of balasana :-
Avoid this asana those who are suffering from Diarrhoea. Women’s should avoid this asana during Pregnancy. Knee injury: Avoid this asana when you have a knee injury. Do it under the guidance of an experienced yoga teacher.
2. Tree Pose ( vrikshasana )
- Steps how to do vrikshasana :-
- Stand with your feet together and inner knees should be touching. Find a straight line of energy through the centre of the body.
- Exhale, then feel steadiness, firmness, focus on one point.
- Shift your weight onto your right foot.
- Bend your left knee, move it upward on the right thigh, place the sole of the left foot on the inner right thigh.
- Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor to stand tall and gaze at a single point in front of you to maintain balance.
- Inhale and exhale continuously hold till 5- 10 breaths.
- Exhale and release the foot
Stress buster tip :- Forget about everything just focus on one point and try to maintain balance.
Vrikshasana precautions:- Avoid These Mistakes
- Don’t give any type of jerk. Do Slowly.
- Do not turn out the foot on the standing and supporting leg.
- This will misalign the supporting knee and hips.
- DON’T place your foot on the opposite knee.
- Keep it and place above the opposite knee or below the knee, on the inner thigh or side of the shin, to protect the knee of the standing leg.
3. Standing forward bend (uttanasana)
- Steps – how to do uttanasana :-
- Stand on the mat. Exhale and bend forward from the hip joint, not from the waist.
- Emphasis on lengthening the front torso as you move fully into the position.
- If possible, try to straight your legs and then bring your palms / fingertips whatever comfortable slightly in front of/beside your palms to the back of your ankles.
- Stay in the pose for 30 secs to 1 minute.
- Don’t roll your spine to come back, Instead Inhale then straight your hands then slightly come up with lengthening your torso and come to the base position.
Uttanasana precautions and contraindications:- Avoid uttanasana those who have Spondylitis. I feel any Back pain while doing Asana then follow:- Do this pose with bent knees.
4. Corpse Pose (Shavasana)
There is a common misconception about Savasana that we have to do nothing to do this just lay down and it’s done but no they are wrong this is a complete relaxation pose which makes it most challenging.
- Savasana procedure :
- lay on your back in the position you sleep.
- Maintain your arms at your side and your palms facing up.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Feel the breaths while breathing.
- Stay in this pose for 5 minutes for every 30 minutes of practice.
- To exit, the first roll gently with an exhalation onto one side, preferably the right. Take 2 or 3 breaths.
- Press your hands with another exhalation against the floor and lift your torso, dragging your head slowly after.
- The head should always come up last.
Stress buster tip :-Calm your mind and just don’t think about work. Just feel your body and deep breaths.
Precautions of savasana :-
Whenever if you have a Back injury or feel discomfort then follow these guidelines:- Do this pose with bent your knees and your feet on the floor, hip-distance apart or either bind the thighs parallels to each other with a strap (take care position not to the heels too close to the buttocks) or support the bent knees.
This article, Effective 4 Yoga pose for stress free life is
FROM :- PALAK BHALLA