Lustrous, shiny hair is every woman’s dream but due to our crazy lifestyle these days and many other factors which cause hair fall, this dream rarely comes true. What factors ? In this article we will talk about cause of hair loss and hair fall and how yoga can helps to reduce hair fall by doing these Effective yoga asanas for hair growth and glowing skin.
External factors which cause hair fall and affect your hair growth.
- poor eating habits.
- hormonal imbalances.
- hair dyes.
- Styling products.
- Genetic disorders.
- Smoking lead to hair fall.
If you are getting stressed every time you comb your hair, Yoga comes to rescue and has proven a silver bullet since times immemorial. Of course, we are no stranger to innumerable benefits that yoga offers.
Best Yoga asanas for healthy hair growth :
Yoga poses helps in regulating the blood circulation in the body and in the head and scalp region. Due to increased blood circulation, by doing regular Yoga poses, strengthens the hair and prevents hair loss. Here, is effective yoga asanas for hair growth
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog Pose)
It’s one of the best yoga postures for hair growth as it promotes blood circulation in the crown and head region thereby nourishing the hair follicles. It is also a home remedy for colds since ages.
How to do Adho Mukha Svanasana :-
- Come into table top position with your palms and hips hip width apart.
- Lift your knees up and hips pointed towards the ceiling in an inverted V position
- Press your head back away from the shoulders and heels trying to touch the floor.
- Hold for 5 deep breaths.
2. Sirsasana (Supported Headstand)
It increases blood flow towards the scalp, develops strength in the core muscles, and provides nourishment to the brain. Hence, it rejuvenates your hair strands from inside.
How to do Sirsasana (Supported Headstand):
- 1. Interlock the fingers tightly, palms forming a cup.
- 2. Place the head on the formed cup so that the crown of the head touches the palms.
- 3. Raise the knees from the floor by pulling the toes towards the head. Slowly raise your legs upwards from the floor.
- 4. Now do your legs slowly and gradually in a straight line. When your body gets in proper balance.
- 5. Make sure that the spine and thighs are in line, straight and vertical.
- 6. Breathe slowly and deeply.
- 7. Start by staying there for a few breaths and increase the time gradually. Slowly, bend your knees and come down.
- Check my tutorial for beginners – How To Do Headstand ?
3. Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Bose)
When you perform Vajrasana the Thunderbolt posture, it improves the blood circulation towards the scalp. therefore, hair follicles growth enable. This asana also helps to improve digestive system and helps to loss weight.
How to do Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Bose) :-
- 1. Start from Cat and Cow pose.
- 2. Come on your knees. Lower legs should stretch back.
- 3. Now, bend your knees and lower down so that your hips are resting on the back of the ankles
- and thighs on the backside of shin bone
- 4. Make your big toes touching each other.
- 5. Sit straight. Place your hands near your knees
- 8. Initially stay there for 5 to 10 breaths.
- 9. Gradually increase the time in the pose once you are comfortable.
4. Uttanasana (Standing Forward Pose)
It energizes the cells in the head, provides a sense of calm and relieves headaches and insomnia. Hence, a boon to prevent hair fall.
How to do Uttanasana (Standing Forward Pose) :-
- 1. Stand up, with your feets together. Deeply inhale and while exhale slowly bend forward from heep joint.
- 2. Place your hands on the ground next to your feet or in front of your face.
- 4. Keep your gaze directed forward.
- 5. Inhale and keep both legs straight. Keep your feet straight without Bending your knees.
5. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Ustrasana is one of the best and effective pose for hair growth because it helps not only improve the blood circulation towards the scalp it also helps to maintain the abnormalities in thyroid gland that causes hair growth and hair fall. When camel pose done on a daily basis, it can work as good as any hair fall home remedy using natural ingredients.
How to do Ustrasana (Camel Pose) –
- 1. Place knees on yoga mats and place your hands on hips.
- 2. Your knees should conform to the shoulders and your feet should be facing the sole.
- 3. When you inhale, pull your tail bone outward from the navel.
- 4. Also, stretch your back and rest your palms on top of your feet until the arms become straight.
- 5. Stay in this posture for two to three breaths and keep the neck relaxed.
- 6. Slowly release the breath and slowly return to the starting posture and return to the posture as you went.
6. Sarvangasana (Supported Shoulder Stand)
This asana helps to nourish the thyroid gland and helps in rushing the blood to brain, which is a very good treatment for stopping hair fall. Sarvangasana is one of the healing yoga exercises for cervical or neck pain.
Supported Shoulder Stand
How to do Sarvangasana (Supported Shoulder Stand) :-
- 1. Get into Savasana (corpse pose).
- 2. Join your feet and place your hand sideways close to your body.
- 3. Bring your legs close to your chest.
- 4. Lift your lower body slowly (similar to Halasana or plough pose).
- 5. Take your hands, place them on your back and slowly lift your legs up.
- 6. Your entire body should be in a straight line with your upper arm supporting your back.
- 7. Hold the pose – begin with 10 seconds – breath normally.
- 8. Now slowly fold your leg from the knee.
- 9. With the support of your hands, get your upper body down.
- 10. Get back on the mat and rest.
7. Shashankasana (Rabbit Pose)
When you do this pose, you touch your crown to the ground, which helps flow of blood towards the head. If the blood circulation is towards your head scalp then it will helps to get you healthy and strong hair growth. This is one of best effective yoga asanas for hair growth naturally.
How to do Shashankasana (Rabbit Pose) :-
- 1. Begin by doing Vajrasana or Thunderbolt pose.
- 2. Inhale and Stand on your knees.
- 3. Exhale and place your crown on the mat
- 4. Inhale and grab your heels with both hands.
- 5. Stay in this position fo 5 deep breaths.
Surya namaskar for hair regrowth
It can’t be stressed enough, how much beneficial is Surya Namaskar. Toning, flexing, and stretching of body muscles can be done easily with this.
Do check the tutorial – Surya Namaskar for Beginners
Surya Namaskar Benefits for body –
- Helps in weight loss and reducing fat near the belly
- The circulation of blood is increased in the entire body hence promotes hair growth.
- Ventilation of the lungs is done and it also helps in maintaining the oxygen in the blood.
- It is very good for the heart and nerves.
Which pranayama is good for hair growth ?
Breathing exercises and pranayama helps to boost up your respiratory system and improve flow of oxygenated blood in your body and towards scalp and which also helps in maintaining healthy hair.
Doing Kapalabhati, Bhastrika and Anulom-Vilom / Nadi Shodhan 5 minutes everyday, it will improves blood circulation and makes your lungs stronger, your heart stronger. these pranayama is helps to get healthy hair growth.
Insta handle – Yoga & Travel by Neha (YOGA TEACHER)